In-person postpartum doula support is most beneficial. However, as this is not an option with the current Covid-19 pandemic, we offer virtual support. Our expert advice, passion, dedication and calm soothing voices will help you to transition into parenthood in the early days and beyond.
Virtual postpartum doula session package.
$300 + HST
Package of 5 structured virtual postpartum “visits” for the first 5 days after baby is born.
Support will be scheduled in the form of virtual face to face calls, via FaceTime, FB messenger, or WhatsApp. If these are not available or problematic we could schedule a phone call.
Each session is up to 90 minutes of call time, which can be broken down into 3 x 30 minute calls throughout the day if you like. These will be practical interactive sessions full of useful tips, advice and also a chance for you or your family to ask about any concerns you may have. If the 90 minutes is not used up, then the rest of the time would be used for text messaging.
In addition to these sessions, you can also Text/WhatsApp message me with any questions or concerns throughout the day (up to a maximum of 10 text messages) from 7am till 10pm. I will endeavour to answer your texts within an hour. If it’s something urgent that requires an immediate answer you can call me and I will usually answer you, or call you back straight away, day or evening. Should you require more support via text messaging, we can add that on for an additional fee.
CAPPA has suggested a schedule. We have used it as a guide as to how virtual support may look like. This is just to give you an idea, and we can adjust it as needed to suit your needs.
Day 1 check in
- Listen to your birth story
- Questions about baby’s feeding
- Suggestions on how everyone can rest now baby is here
- Checking on birthing parent’s physical comfort
- Has baby pooped?
- Planning for the next 24 hours
Day 2 check in
- Are you going home today?
- Have you got the car seat ready?
- How is birthing parent’s physical wellbeing?
- How is feeding going?
- Where will baby sleep when you get home?
- A run through of all newborn procedures and caring for the newborn
- Plans to bathe baby?
- How many wet and poopy diapers to expect
- Will there be food ready at home?
Day 3 check in
- Questions about the first night home
- How is the feeding going?
- Changes in breast?
- How many times did baby feed?
- How many diapers used?
- Would you like to schedule a ‘talk through’ baby bath?
- How does birthing parent feel today?
- Checking on parent/parents wellbeing
- Meals- are you all eating? Brainstorm meal planning
Day 4 check in
- Has mature milk arrived if breastfeeding?
- Is baby latching on well?
- How many diapers now and is babies poop changing?
- How is the birthing parent feeling?
- Any signs of “the blues”?
- Has baby been to the paediatrician?
- Who else can they call for support?
Day 5 check in
- How is everyone?
- How is feeding going?
- Tell me about baby’s sleep
- Tell me about your sleep
- Any questions about baby care?
- How have you kept connection with the rest of your family?
- What do you need most at the moment?
You can choose to extend the contract after the 5 days, going onto a monthly maintenance virtual support text plan. $40 for a month. Up to 20 text messages a month. Additional face-time sessions may also be available at my regular rate of $40 per hour.
If this package does not work for you, we would be happy to accommodate you with a bespoke package. The hourly rate for our support is $40/hour.