Become A Doula
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in-depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. AS one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
Cherry Blossom Doulas Inc. is proud to announce that we now offer CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association) training for birth professionals.
The Postpartum Doula is a trained professional that offers physical, emotional and spiritual support to a new family after thebirth of their baby. Postpartum Doulas also offer breastfeeding support, household maintenance, family nurturing and instruction to parents and/or other family members in the care of a newborn. The Postpartum Doula’s job is to make the transition to parenthood easier for new parents. to help mom during her recovery period, and to ascertain what the family needs help with and provide the instruction.
The main objective of the Postpartum Doula’s role is not to take over complete care of the newborn, but to educate and support the family so that they will feel empowered to care for their newborn themselves.
Ready to become proficient when offering professional postpartum support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Postpartum Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CPD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional postpartum support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified postpartum doulas with CAPPA.
The CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Postpartum Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
- CAPPA Certification and policies
- Practical applications of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
- Listening and Communication Skills
- The Postpartum Doula as Educator
- Emotional and Physical Support of the Postpartum Mom
- Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Baby care techniques
- Calming and soothing techniques
- SIDS and Safe Sleep
- Infant Feeding-Choices and Support
- The New Baby and the Family
- Home Organization
- Skills for Special Circumstances
- Grief/Loss Support
- Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
- And much more!
CAPPA POSTPARTUM TRAINING DATES
- October 29-30 & November 5-6, 2022 (Saturday & Sunday), 8:30am-1:30pm, Live Virtual Training (Zoom)
- January 7-8, 2023 (Saturday -Sunday), 8:30am-6:30pm EST, Live Virtual Training (Zoom)
- April 22-23, 2023 (Saturday -Sunday), 8:30am-6:30pm EST, Live Virtual Training (Zoom)
- July 8-9 & 15-16, 2023 (Saturday-Sunday), 8:30am-1:30pm, 3 days Live Virtual Training (Zoom) + 1 day In-Person Training, Venue: TBA
- November 25-26, 2023 (Saturday & Sunday), 8:30am-6:30pm, 1 day Live Virtual Training (Zoom) + 1 day In-Person Training; Venue: Markham.
Tuition Cost: $600 + HST (HST applies for Canadian registration.) Price includes one year membership with CAPPA (US$75 value).
*Save 5% when you book 6 weeks early.
*Save 5% when you register with a friend
*Refund Policy: If the training is cancelled for any reason, a refund in the full amount will be given. Written cancellations received more than six weeks prior to the workshop will be refunded all fees minus a $75 processing fee. Written cancellations received within six weeks of the workshop are not eligible for any refund, however payment can be applied to an alternate training workshop given by the same CAPPA Faculty within 12 months. (No-shows are not eligible for registration transfer.) Only ONE transfer of registrations is permitted. If applicant does not attend a workshop within 12 months, all fees are forfeited. Applicants should not make non-refundable travel arrangements unless they have received confirmation from CAPPA Faculty that the training is confirmed.
Step 1: Fill in the registration form below.
Have questions? Need some more clarity about becoming a Postpartum Doula? Don’t hesistate to contact us. Just fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.