BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
- I will get to know you throughout your pregnancy and get to know what you really want for your labour and childbirth experience;
- I will be on call 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your due date and accompany you in labour;
- My previous experience as a midwife makes me an expert of normal childbirth and I will be able to explain anything that you may be uncertain of;
- I will be supporting both you and your partner;
- I will strive to help you and your partner to self- advocate for the birth experience you want.
Birth Doula Packages
Standard Package - $1200 (+HST)
- 2 Prenatal visits to discuss your needs and desires;
- Provide assistance in creating a birth plan/wish list;
- Helping parents prepare for labour and birth;
- Review coping strategies and answer any questions;
- Support by telephone and email as needed during pregnancy and immediate postpartum 24 hour on-call availability from 2 weeks before your estimated due date;
- Labour support from the beginning of active labour (or earlier if needed) at home or at the hospital;
- Emotional, physical and informational support during labour, birth and up to two hours after the birth of your baby;
- One at home postpartum (2 Hours) visit to see how you are doing and provide additional support and resources.
B&B (Birth and Breastfeeding) Package - $1500 (+HST)
- Includes all the same prenatal and birth support in our Standard Package;
- Addition of 3 private in-home Breastfeeding Support visits; 3 Hours per visit
- Unlimited 24hr call/email/text support through the completion of your final visit, which is highly beneficial when you get home with your newborn and have those middle of the night questions or concerns.
The Whole Village Package - $2160 (+HST)
- Includes all the same prenatal and birth support as our standard doula package;
- Addition of 30 hours of in-home postpartum support (6 x 5hours days); to be used within 4 weeks after the birth. Service dates confirmed within one week of the birth;
- Mothering the mother in this period of transition, a postpartum doula provides loving support, so that the new mother feels rested, well nourished and with her household in good order so she can focus her energies on her baby.